Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Argentina 2007

**Since I don't have anything do, I'm recounting my trips from the last 2 years**
About a year and a half ago my sister got married in Argentina, which meant VACATION TIME!! =] Oh and time for a wedding! haha

The flight from Dallas, TX to Buenos Aires was 11 hours!! I took a sleeping pill a few hours too late and didn't get much sleep on the flight. We finally landed and were greeted by Luciano's ENTIRE family! It was so great! They kissed us all and smiled at us ((since there was a bit of a language barrier)) and were just so nice to us. The first night we went to dinner with Luciano's family and the food was AMAZING! It was the longest dinner I've ever had, but it didn't feel like it. We sat and talked, and ate, and talked, and ate some more. Fabulous!

My Dad and I only stayed in Buenos Aires a few days, but we did get a bit of sightseeing in. We, along with my Mom and Step-Dad, took a boat tour down the river and saw some awesome houses. A few days later my Dad and I got on a big bus and headed to Tres Arroyos, where the actual wedding ceremony would be performed. The bus was awesome! Imagine the big First Class seats on airplanes and put them in a bus. They gave you blankets and there were curtains you could close so you could sleep (it was a night time bus).

We got to Luciano's parent's house and got a few more hours of sleep before heading to Claromeco, a little beach town about 45 mins away from his home town. We did a bit of shopping for the reception then headed to the beach town. Claromeco was great!! We stayed at a very tiny hotel ((the front desk guy didn't speak English so that was interesting)). The ocean was literally down the road and so nice and pretty. Plus it was still summer so it was way warm!

In Argentina you have to go to the court house and get married...You go to them, they don't come to you! Normally what happens is the couple gets married during the week then have a very big, traditional Catholic wedding. Well, it's Sydney&Luciano so they're NOT traditional! haha Well they got married in this old little court house on Friday afternoon. After some pictures we headed to a farm where Luciano's dad works. It was amazing! They harvest sunflower seeds so the whole place was surrounded! We went there and had a late lunch, again with AMAZING meat and food! and then had coffee. We rode horses and just enjoyed everything.

Everyone stayed in Claromeco that night because the next night was the reception. On Saturday, we went to the location and started to get things ready and do a practice run for the night. My "job" in the wedding was to read the ceremony in English while Luciano's brother, Pablo, read it in Spanish. Afterwards, we went to the beach!! =]
I loved the wedding! Sydney really wanted our Dad to walk her down the aisle and throw some American traditions into it. The ceremony was so great! Sydney looked gorgeous and the setting was amazing!

BUT nothing beats the reception!! All we did was eat, drink, and dance! My Dad and I were the first ones to leave, and we didn't leave until 5:30am!! Luciano's grandma made it longer than we did! haha Again, I couldn't understand what anyone was saying, but who needs to talk when you're dancing all the time! Both Sydney and Luciano got thrown a few feet into the air, and I think Luciano hit his head on the ceiling! hehe My ears were ringing for the next 3 days!! I couldn't hear anything for such a long time!!

Argentina is amazing!! It really irritates me because people say it's a 3rd world country that's full of poverty. Someone even asked Sydney if they had running water down there!! Dumb people...Argentina does have some problems with their economy, but what country doesn't?! It's a great place and I would recommend everyone go there sometime in their life!









0 comments: