Monday, November 11, 2013

Life doesn't have to be Perfect to be Wonderful

Okay, okay. I know I said I'd do better in blogging. Obviously, that didn't really work out the way I intended. But I really will try to do better this time. Pinky swear!

Time to play catch up...again.


April-

My awesome hunnie was awarded Vernal City Police Officer of the Year! He's spent countless hours tracking fugitives, monitoring sex offenders and basically just kicking ass :)  I'm so proud of him! A part of me is jealous that he's doing the one thing he was born to do and loves every day of his job.


May & June
These were pretty boring months to be completely honest. I was working graveyards at the hospital and my life consisted of sleeping and working. It was weird functioning during daylight hours. The one good thing about these months is we were able to meet Steve & LeeRoy. Steve is walking across America raising money for an orphanage in Africa his best friend began. LeeRoy is his goat. I started talking with him on Facebook and he actually stayed at my mom's house for a few nights while he was traveling through town. He's definitely one of a kind and I'm glad to call him a friend :) Check out his website to donate and learn more about his walk   www.needle2square.com

July-
I left my job at the hospital. We went to Idaho for a mini-family reunion and then went to Yellowstone. It's been years since I've been there and it was fun getting to spend cousins we rarely see.
Shaun and I FINALLY moved into our own place! It was great being able to stay with my mom while we paid off bills and got married but it was even more great to have our own space. The dogs are still unsure about our neighbors (our landlords horses and sheep).



August-

This was actually a fun and busy month. Quite a change of pace from the previous few months. I started my new job at The Journey Counseling Center. I'm over the foster care program. So far it's been a good job. Stressful, but good. 
During August, we just got settled into our house. Shaun's bro & family camped out at Flaming Gorge one night so we joined them. Man, I love the water. It doesn't matter if it's the lake, river or ocean, being near the water calms me. Makes me feel like things are going to be alright.
My best friend Tyson also got married!!! Neither one of us ever thought we would get married, and actually made a pact that if we weren't married by the time we were 35, we would marry each other haha. I was so happy that he found the love of his life. I was also pretty happy she was from San Diego and that was where they got hitched. Awww, the ocean....My happy place :)
After we got back from San Diego, the PD hosted a family river trip down the Green. Shaun's family came out again and I had another chance to be around water. Overall, it was a great trip :)
The Smith Family






September-

Our one year anniversary :) We didn't do a lot to celebrate (work really puts a damper in plans ;) but as long as I got to see my husband I was happy. He got me a gorgeous necklace and I got him tickets to go see 'Fluffy'. I don't want to fall asleep or wake up to any one besides Shaun for the rest of my life. I don't know what I would do without him!

October-

BIRTHDAY MONTH :) :) :) haha  Even though it's my birthday month, I'm not usually a huge fan of October. October usually means the end of warm days and that snow is just around the corner. While everyone knows how much I love my hoodies, there's nothing I hate more than seeing the stupid white stuff fall from the sky.
Anyways, we finally got to see 'Fluffy' and it was great to have a weekend away. We've both been so busy the past few months that it feels like we barely see each other. It's amazing we are still married since we only saw each other when the other one was getting ready to go to bed or just waking up.
For the birthday, Shaun bought me a super cute new winter coat (Hey, even though I hate winter doesn't mean I need to suffer through it) and we went to dinner with my mom, dad and grandma.
When you're married without kids and your husband is at training, your dogs tend to suffer the most on Halloween. Yes, I'm that person that dressed up my dogs. Murphy was a Pirate and Toby was a Shark. Well, he was supposed to be a shark but the costume didn't fit great so it looked like he was being eaten by one. Anyways, I got to see my nephews for a bit and got to take Gage trick-or-treating. I can't believe he'll be 13 in January! Holy cow, it makes me feel old.

And now we're into November. Again, my life is boring. I work. I sleep. I eat. I repeat. Things have been extremely stressful and I haven't been handling it the best. Hopefully I'll get my anxiety under control soon and can feel normal again.


There are only a few weeks left on the year. I can't believe 2013 is almost over. I don't know how I feel about the end of another year. I don't feel like I've accomplished what I wanted to but hey, there's always next year ;)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hurray! You finally posted! I miss you Annie bo nanny! Come visit soon :D I hope I get to see you before the end of the year. It sure flew by :P

Jennifer Slaugh said...

loved your post but, I really wanted to see pictures of your dogs dressed up! You are too funny!