Monday, July 20, 2009

Ugly Eye

So on Saturday we left California and came back to Utah. I got back to Vernal and ended up taking a walk with my Mom and then completely passed out in my bed--still wearing my clothes && contacts.

Sunday morning, well, technically afternoon, I wake up and my eyes were really bugging me. I figured it was just because I slept in my contacts and they were still adjusting to the dry air. I go about my day and around 4pm I look at my eye and it's bright red!! It freaked me out so bad so I hurried and took out my contacts && put on my glasses. It hurt so bad to walk outside and into the light. I Googled what red eyes mean and the 2 most likely candidates were an infection or an ulcer and both required immediate attention. By this time it was 10pm so there wasn't much I could do.

I called Seitz first thing this morning and they got me in around 11am. My eye wasn't quite so red and didn't hurt that bad so I almost canceled the appointment. I got there and the doc examined it and said it was a VERY good thing that I came in when I did because if I would have waited any longer I could have done some serious damage to my eye. YIKES!!! There was a tiny white circle around my cornea and he said it's a thing called an eye infiltrate. It basically goes hand in hand with an eye ulcer and is an accumulation of blood cells and fluid build up behind my eye. He said to think of it like a snow ball being thrown at a wall.


After he said the word "ulcer" I kinda freaked out and didn't catch all that he was saying. He put me on an antibiotic that I have to take once an hour today and once every 2 hours tomorrow. I have to go back in Wednesday morning and if it's not any better he'll put me on high dose steriods and still continue with the antibiotics until Sunday. Fun for me, huh?

Okay, this is honestly probably the worst photo of me ever taken but I just wanted to show you guys how ugly my eye looks today! I wasn't a very happy person today to say the least...

3 comments:

Lisa Best said...

Ouch! I hate when stuff with my eyes go wrong. It freaks me out too! Good thing for sure that you went in to the dr. right away!

Hope it feels better soon!

Raquel said...

wow that doesnt sound like much fun

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh hon! How awful! I hope you're better now!