Monday, March 9, 2009

Think happy thoughts

It's been one of those weeks.

Technically 2 weeks, but who's counting.

My aunt has been in and out of the hospital, I've had drama with my sister, I rear ended the BMW last week, bills are starting to add up, I worked all week, and to top it off I miss the boyfriend like crazy. It feels like it's just one thing after another. I finally broke down and just cried for about 30 minutes last night.

After my cry session last night, I decided I needed to start looking at all the POSITIVE things in my life instead of the negative. So here is my list of "happy things" I have to be thankful in my life.

  • I still have my job. With how things are going in the economy, and especially in the non-profit world, I'm extremely lucky to still have a full time job with full benefits.
  • My car accident. Even though it sucks I hit that lady, things could have been a lot worse! No one was injured, we both had insurance, and everything was taken care of within 48 hours. I'm really lucky things happened the way they did.
  • I have a place to live. Again, with the way the economy is many people lost their houses and ended up homeless or living in their car.
  • Bills. Or my lack thereof. I'm not in a huge amount of debt and I can pay all my bills every month, so that's something to be thankful for.
  • My family. My family has always been there to support me, financially and emotionally. My Mom is normally the first person I call whenever something big happens. I called her when I was still in the parking lot when I got hired to my job and the first one I called when I hit the beemer.
  • My friends. Gah, they've heard me bitch and complain more than any group of friends should ever have to deal with. They listen, they give advice, they buy me food. They're amazing!
So even though things have been wild and crazy lately, I've still got a wonderful life and have many many things to be thankful for :)

1 comments:

♥AnDrEaSeN FaMiLy♥ said...

good for you i think that i will do my own list! thats about where im at.