Monday, March 30, 2009

From Best to Worst

Wow. It's been a crazy couple weeks!

On Friday the 13th I FINALLY got to see my favorite band in the world in concert!
RASCAL FLATTS!!!
Oh my gosh...they were amazing! I barely had a voice by the end of the new because I was singing so loud to every song!! Jessica Simpson opened for them and, I'm not gonna lie, she wasn't that great! She looked good and her voice was decent, but she was just so awkward on stage I couldn't help but laugh! The concert was outside and it was freezing that night...Who knew it could be so cold in San Diego! Good thing I was wearing my brother's shirt or I might have frozen to death! I loved their backgrounds and graphics. They kept changing so it was hard to get a decent shot of them. We were sitting kinda far back, but it was still an amazing concert.




That same day I also got my car back from the doctor :) I was so happy I almost cried!! She basically got a make over that weekend. All the body damage was fixed, and she got new tires and a new windshield after almost a year (oops!). She looks beautiful now!!

The next week things started getting stressful. My insurance called and said the lady I hit was now claiming a personal injury! BULL SHIT!! I barely hit her. Not even hard enough for my hood to be replaced, and my air bag never deployed, so how could I hit her hard enough for her to get hurt?! I was so stressed. Then later that night my Aunt Lola got put back in the hospital and no one was really sure what was going on.

So Wednesday I had the day off and decided to go to the beach. It was so nice and warm and sunny...then I get to the coast and it was cold and cloudy and windy :( I still hung out for a bit and tried to enjoy the day.

Thursday rolls around and I was on my way to a presentation when my sister in law called me. She said Lola was doing A LOT worse and they didn't expect her to make it through the night. They were booking plane tickets and leaving for Utah that night, but I had to wait until the morning to leave. I got to Utah on Friday and by that point Lola seemed to be doing better. I went to see her as soon as I got into town but she was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her. It was so difficult seeing her hooked up to all these machines and all the bruises on her arm from the IVs.

Saturday morning I got another phone call saying Lola got a lot worse during the night and they only thought she'd last another few hours. I hurried to the hospital and spent the rest of the day glued to her bedside. They transferred her from the ICU into a general room so everyone could be with her. That day was one of the worst days of my life. The pneumonia was eating away at her lungs so she kept spitting up blood. She could barely talk and was so weak. I didn't know a person could cry so much in one day.

Around 6:30pm, with her whole family surrounding her, Lola passed away.

It broke my heart watching her take her last breath, and seeing her chest rise and fall, and never rise again. It broke my heart even more to see my Grandma watch her baby sister die. My Granny was the last person Lola wanted to see when she died, and she died with her head in my Grandma's hands. We all just sat there and cried for what seemed like forever.

I stayed in Vernal all last week and just came back to California yesterday afternoon.

It's amazing how things can be so great one minute and absolutely horrific the next.

WE MISS YOU LOLA, AND LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Feb.13 1921-March 21, 2009


1 comments:

Lisa Best said...

Hi Andrea,

I am so jealous you saw Rascall Flatts, they are my favorite band too!

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt Lola. :( But what a blessing that you were able to spend her last moments with her.