Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blood anyone?

Yesterday while I was working an event the San Diego Blook Bank showed up. A lot of people were donating to the Women's Resource Center so I figured I'd give back a little and donate some blood! I was a little nervous but I knew it was for a good cause so I sucked it up and went to the van.

I thought the process would take a lot longer. I filled out an application, then met with a nurse and had my iron levels checked. Everything passed so they told me to sit down and get comfortable. The needle part wasn't that bad, but I will admit I got a bit light headed when the blood started flowing. But I just took a few deep breaths and I felt fine. The actual blood draw was about 10 minutes but then I had to sit there for 15 minutes afterward.

I'm so glad that I did this! I've wanted to for a long time but kept finding reasons why I "couldn't". I feel so great that I was able to help someone else. I highly recommend that if you can donate, do it!


Trying to remember to squeeze the foam thingy

One of the nurses made me this cute bow.
After that everyone who donated had a cute bow made for them too!


ALL DONE!!

0 comments: