Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I love three day weekends!! No work...sleeping in...it's great!!

Saturday I finally crossed something off my "bucket list"...I went to the San Diego Zoo! It was so much fun! Normally I'm not a big animal person, but there were a lot of little baby animals so I was pretty entertained!

Pandas have the good life. All they do is eat&&sleep!

I thought it was funny :)

Awww baby gorilla!! It was so cute!!

The elephants got a whole new exhibit! That weird thing behind it provides heat during the winter and sprays a mist of water during the summer...I just love their wrinkles all over!

Awww a tiny giraffe....Cute, huh??

Sunday was my lazy beach day and it was fabulous! I went to Del Mar with my brother&&sister in law, and her family, and just laid around all day! They have this spot that is a big grassy area right above the beach, so instead of having to deal with sand all day you can lay on the grass and walk down to the sand. It was perfect!! We had so much food I thought I was going to explode! haha And I think I sunburned the top of my head, but other than that it was one of my best days in California. ((Stupid me forgot my camera in the truck, so no pictures :( But I'm sure most people are sick of me showing off the beautiful ocean I live by lol ))


Monday was just a lazy day in general. I've neglected my laundry for almost a month and needed to go grocery shopping so I spent most of my time at my house doing domestic things. I finally watched "Bridget Jones Diary" for the first time and just hung out mostly.

Normally on Monday I would have been with my family going to the cemetery and putting flowers on all the graves. It's still strange for me NOT to be with my family doing these things...so maybe it is a good thing I'm moving back!
It's very sad how many family members I have in the cemetery. Most of them, including my Grandpa Stringham and my Uncle Kary, I never met but a part of me still feels very connected to them. There are a few family members I did know that are now buried there and I'm going to take a minute and remember them.

UNCLE CHARLIE: He died when I was 9 years old from a massive heart attack. He was such a funny guy! He would always tell me, "Hey slim, come over here and I'll pay you a dollar to rub my back!" haha he was a great guy! I wish I could have known him better but he'll never be forgotten in my family.

AUNT DODE: She passed away when I was in high school. She lived right around the corner from my Aunt Lola and she always so sweet and nice to me whenever we got together. I didn't get to spend as much time with her as I should have, but I know she was an amazing lady with a big heart!

AUNT LOLA: It's still hard to believe that she's really gone. Now when I call my Dad and I tell him goodbye I have to stop myself before I say, "Tell Lola hi and that I love her." It's still hard on everyone that she's not here with us. The day she died was one of the worst days of my life and I think about it often. But we all know she's in a much better place and is keeping busy until we all see her again.

GRANNY BLACKBURN: Even though she's not buried in Vernal, I wanted to mention her. She died when I was 13 from complications due to a stroke. I was a disaster when she died. Even though she lived 7 hours away from us I was pretty close to her. I blame my addiction to cheesecake and sweet things on her! haha She was such a strong woman and wasn't scared to draw outside the lines. I really look up to her and miss her all the time. I hope she's proud of me and what I'm doing in my life...

0 comments: