Friday, February 6, 2009

My Confessional

Feb. 2-6 is National Teen Dating Violence Prevention Week. It's extremely to get the word out to teens about the dangers/warning signs of abusive relationships.

Most important, teens need to know that they're not alone and there are others out there that can help them.

Some of you know, many of you don't, that I was in an abusive relationship as a teenager into my early 20s.

I wrote about it awhile ago, but never had the courage to let anyone read it. Yesterday I stood up in front of 400 Freshman&Sophomore girls and told them my story. I had quite a few girls come up and tell me after they thought I was so strong.

I never want another girl to feel the way I felt for 4 years, so I finally published my story....

http://avsstory.blogspot.com/

Read it. Don't read. For me it's just about finally getting it out there....

Much love: Andrea

0 comments: