Sunday, February 8, 2009

Secret Surprise Utah Trip

  So this weekend I flew back to Utah to surprise my Granny for her 90th birthday. I was so bummed because I had to work and didn't think I'd get to go to her party, but I re-arranged my schedule and booked my ticket Thursday for the party on Saturday.

It was so awesome! Only 4 people in my family knew I was flying out so I knew it would be a big surprise. When my Grandma saw me she covered her mouth and just started crying. She couldn't believe I actually made it. When Granny cries, I cry, so we were both just standing there in tears, but it was still great!

I'm very lucky in my family because I'm the only one that shares a name with my Grandma...VERLIE!!    Funny story, on her birth certificate her name is spelled VERLEY, so I asked her about that one day. She said when she got older and had to start writing in cursive she really hated writing the Y so she changed her name to VERLIE....haha I love it!

I'm so lucky to have my Grandma. She's an amazing, loving, caring woman and I couldn't ask for a better woman to be my Granny....

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA! HAPPY 90th BIRTHDAY!!




























0 comments: