Thursday, January 12, 2012

Farewell to a Hero

Officer Jared Francom was laid to rest yesterday and Shaun and I were able to attend the funeral. I've attended many funerals for family members, but I have never experienced any funeral quite like this one.

I didn't know this man, but what struck me the most was how much Officer Francom and Shaun had in common. I kept looking around me at the thousands of officers packed in the building, and it's probably one of the only times I'll ever see an officer cry. I couldn't stop staring at my ring, thinking one day I could be the wife sitting in the front row with my two small children. It's a thought that crosses every police/military/firefighter wife-one night your loved one might not come home. But Officer Francom died doing what he loved, and I know if anything ever happens to Shaun, he will be doing something that matters and something that he loves.




0 comments: