Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Worst Nightmare...

Today has been an emotional day for law enforcement around the state.
While serving a search warrant last night, the suspect opened fire on the strike force members, hitting six of them, and killing one, Ogden Officer Jared Francom.
I don't know Officer Francom, but my fiance did. He worked with him during his Ogden days. I know nothing about this officer other than his name, the agency he worked for, and that he left behind a wife and two little girls.
I'm a newbie in the law enforcement family and this is my first real experience with a loss of this magnitude. I can't even imagine what his wife is going through tonight. This is every police wife's absolute nightmare. We send our loved ones out every night to protect the streets of our cities, and we know there is a risk they may not come home. We try not to think about that risk, but it's always there in the back of our minds.
Officer Jared Francom was killed in the line of duty and from what his family has said about him, he died doing something he loved.
RIP Officer Jared Francom
End of Watch: January 5, 2012

1 comments:

Jennifer Slaugh said...

I am so grateful for our police officers they have kept me and my family safe! I think about them often and I tell Brock it would make me a nervous wreck to have him in law enforcement. Thanks to those who do it and love it. My heart goes out to his family. What a horrible thing.