Saturday, January 28, 2012

A little bit of DIY

I have never realized how expensive a wedding could be until I actually started planning mine. Shaun and I are extremely lucky that my mom is helping us with the majority of the San Diego ceremony, but since most our friends and my family are back in Vernal we are planning a reception here as well.

Anyways, the point of all of that is I'm trying to find decor that can be used in both places, and oh my, that is difficult! Again, I'm lucky that I have an extremely crafty sister who can sew and help me with all of this because I am not crafty at all! And then I discovered the awesome world of Pinterest and it seems like a less daunting task.

Here are a few ideas I have for the wedding. Our reception will be at this awesome restaurant so I want to keep things to a minimum because the view is just awesome!

 The bouquet! Well, technically this is a necklace but I think you see where I'm going. I love flowers, but I love the idea of keeping my bouquet for my daughter (one day) even more! These seems super simple and I'm actually going to try my hand at this today. Wish me luck! Another thing I love about this is all the bridesmaids can personalize them and keep them as well :)




 Another thing I'm loving-mason jars! I'm also into this vintage-feel and I would love to incorporate it into the wedding. I love the lace over it. And, again, SUPER simple! Well, at least I hope it is.
Is anyone seeing a trend here? Mason jars galore! And books! I'm such a nerd and want, almost need, to fit books into my wedding. Shaun's basically letting me do whatever I want so yay :)  I saw a couple bouquets made from book pages, but that takes WAY too much time and I definitely don't have the patience for this.












Okay, now the big question is how to fit all these ideas into a beach theme?! I'm sure vintage-beach is possible, but unless I see a picture of it I have a hard time believing it exists. Guess it's time to get DIY'ing :)

1 comments:

Jennifer Slaugh said...

The flowers in your necklace are super simple to make and go to the DI you can find all sorts of jars there for really cheap.