Friday, April 17, 2009

Round 2


I read this morning that the second in the Twilight series, NEW MOON, has already started production and will be released in November.

My boss introduced me to these books back in 2007, and afterward I was hooked, but I didn't watch the movie until last week.

I HATED THE MOVIE! I honestly don't think the movie did the book any justice!

In the movie Bella&Edward talk a total of about 4 times before they start declaring their undying, eternal love to one another. The thing I loved most about the book was you were right there while they got to know each other and you could almost feel their love growing. The movie didn't show

Some major scenes were either left out or changed so much it wasn't even the same scene. Like how in the book Edward skips class when they're looking at everyone's blood and when Bella gets sick they spend time together. Or when Bella runs away from the airport instead of sneaking behind Alice's back in the hotel.

Same thing with Bella's relationship with her father. In the book you can feel the awkwardness and how strained it was for them to even say 2 sentences to each other, forget about long conversations! To me, the movie made it seem like he was just never around and that's why they never talked.

Needless to say, I was really disappointed and the movie didn't do anything for me. I just hope the second does better!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I've never read the books... but after watching the movie, I never plan to! I hated it!