Monday, April 27, 2009

This weekend I've done something I've never done before...

I WENT TO SAN FRANCISCO!


So here's the back story:
I went to San Diego Thursday night to meet up with a friend who is always down here for business. Well we were sitting at his hotel, watching the Jazz game, and having a few drinks when this couple from San Fran sat down next to us. We started talking to them and next thing I know the guy is on his iPhone booking me a plane ticket for Saturday night! I was pretty freaked out because normally I'm not a spontaneous person like this, but I was so excited at the same time!

I flew in on Saturday afternoon and mostly I was just worried I wouldn't be able to navigate the train system, but the 2 people we met in the bar were on my same flight so they helped me out! **THANKS JOHN&HEATHER!**

My friend's hotel was on Powell Street so I got off the train and only had to walk 6 blocks. It was awesome walking up the street! I followed the Trolley up for a bit and just looked at all the stores and buildings and people. I saw the guy who has a rat laying on top of a cat laying on top of a dog! It was pretty funny!

We basically spent the whole night at this benefit in the mall--which had an open bar so it was awesome :) Then we walked into a couple bars, then hit up Lori's Diner for some late night food!

I had to leave the next morning because I had work on Sunday, but overall my 16 hours in San Francisco was so great! Next time I'll try to make it a full day!

((I didn't get to take any pictures, but these are a few I pulled off the net that shows where I was!))



3 comments:

Lisa Best said...

Is this friend Mr. Radack?

Sounds like a fun spontaneous weekend! I'm jealous! :)

Andrea said...

haha yes the friend is The Brother...I just wasn't sure he would approve of me mentioning his name on the internet!

♥AnDrEaSeN FaMiLy♥ said...

i remember going there with mom. its pretty cool place huh! i saw a seagull with one leg while i was there lol.