Friday, January 2, 2009

2oo8 Remembered...

2008 was a year full of changes, and challenges for me. Even though it's only been over for 36 hours, I figured I can look back and reflex on all that happened to me.

January: Got to Washington on New Year's Eve. That first month was probably the hardest of my life. I missed my friends, family, and boyfriend ((all back in Utah!)) but I loved getting to know my cousin and experience life outside of Utah. It rained...A LOT!

February: Still trying to adjust to my new life...I interviewed for a few jobs in Seattle, but nothing happened. I even interviewed for a job in Utah and that didn't pan out either. I spent a week in Utah trying to figure out my life. A little depressed and still not sure what to do I decided to finally give California a shot!!

March: My Mom and Syd came to Seattle for a week and we played tourist. SO MUCH FUN!! It was actually pretty nice weather for Seattle in winter time!! After they left I made the long 21 hour drive to San Diego! I rented a room from a lady my brother knew and spent my spare time at the beach and looking for a job!

April: Pretty much all my life consisted of was the beach and job hunting! FINALLY I got my first "real" job at the Women's Resource Center as the Community Educator!! I was so happy I almost cried when they told me...

May: Time for training!! I had to complete a 60 hour Crisis Intervention Training with the Center for Community Solutions (CCS). It was by far the most emotionally challenging thing I had ever experienced. I cried so much and couldn't believe humans were capable of doing the things I had heard about. I also attended my first business conference in Sacrament, CA. CALCASA (California Coalition Against Sexual Assault).

June: With training over it was time to start presentations. I was SO nervous my first presentation! It was 2 full days at Torrey Pines High School but by the end I felt like a pro! I also decided to move to Carlsbad ((less than 1 mile from the beach!!!)) with two girls...

July: Came and passed without much happening. Again, I spent WAY too much time at the beach, but that's what happens when you live in California! Roommate drama started ugh!

August: Decided I was sick and tired of living in a one bedroom with 2 girls--yes, 1 room, 3 girls...NOT FUN! so I decided to move in with a friend from high school...BEST DECISION EVER!!! My step dad's mom, Donna Ann, died and I flew back to Utah for the funeral. $400 for a 40 hour trip. I was homesick so I flew back over Labor Day to spend get some family time. I hadn't been back to Utah in 7 months!!

September: Again, another month that came and passed without incident. It started to get too cold for a lot of beach time, so I began spending more and more time in Barnes&Noble...I really should get an award for being their most valued customer!

October: Quite a busy month for me!! My Mom and Syd came down for a quick vacation and I loved it! Beaches, musicals, rummy, Disneyland...it was all I could have hoped for! Then came the big 2-2!! What a better way to spend your birthday than with a bunch of drag queens! And of course spent an interesting Halloween in San Diego as a flapper!

November: Insert LOTS of time in Utah! I got to spend a few days in Salt Lake and a few days in Vernal...I loved seeing so much of my family! Still working...still going to the beach...still no life!!

December: LOTS more time spent in Utah! I got a big reminder of why I dislike Utah so much...SNOW!! I absolutely, positively HATE the snow!! Some people love it. Some people put up with it..Me, not so much. I would rather spend my time in sand and warm places then freezing to death in the snow. Met the infamous "crazy lady" and that night brought with it...Had a weird Christmas with my sister/brother-in-law in Argentina and my Dad in San Diego.

Overall it was a good year with lots of positives and LOTS of negatives. I'm just glad it's over!

1 comments:

♥AnDrEaSeN FaMiLy♥ said...

how do i get my list of blogs i follow on my page? my blog shows only one.