Thursday, January 22, 2009

"The Moment"

Tuesday was such a historic moment in the United States. 50 years ago blacks couldn't even drink at the same water fountains as whites, let alone run for public office. This video gave me chills the entire time I was watching it because I realized that day wasn't just historic for the U.S., but for the whole world.

I realize that there are some people who are still angry that President Obama is in office but that's the great thing about democracy. WE picked him. WE voted for him. WE wanted him to lead our country. The majority of the United States thinks he is the best choice and that's why he's in the White House. He's our Commander in Chief and he needs our support. Up until the end of Bush's presidency I never really said anything bad about him because he was my president, even though I personally didn't vote for him. I respected the fact that over 51% of the nation thought he was the best candidate and gave him my support.

I want to tell all those people who are still whining and complaining to just shut up already and move on with their lives, but that's another amazing thing about our country...WE'RE NOT ONLY ALLOWED, BUT ENCOURAGED TO VOICE OUR OPINIONS! It's amazing!!

I gave Bush 6 good years before I really started to dislike him. President Obama hasn't even been in office 6 days yet!! So give him a chance people!!

0 comments: