Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The best advice I ever got...

A few years ago during a very hard time in my life my friend wrote me a letter. I've kept it with me this whole time and I pull it out and read it whenever things get difficult. My friend is going through a hard time right now and I told her I would post this for her.


"Sometimes in life things we want to go a certain way don't go as planned, not everything we want we get, and not everything we get we want. I have had many times in my life were I wondered why did this happen to me, I never did anything to deserve this, why me? Well sometimes we are not ready for that phase in our life to begin and somehow we all pickup on things like that in our minds and we break hearts and our hearts get broken as well. People are in our lives for reasons even if just for a short time or a long time and we may grow close to them or keep them at a distance, and sometimes we end the relationship with them in ways we never wanted or intended to but it is a fact that not everyone is meant to be together. No matter how picture perfect life seems it may not be what you truly desire in your heart and soul, once you can truly feel that they are the one and you are willing to give everything for them and they in turn are willing to give everything for you is it going to be the right time or place for a relationship. It has to be a two way process and both sides must give and take as each is supposed to and give support to the other always and in everything.

Sometimes people do need a break from one another to, well, sad to say, weigh the emotions of how they truly feel for the other person and in which time they choose what they are feeling and if they can be happy with the person in the future and if they truly do love them. Sometimes the people you think you are in love with are the ones that you just need as friends there to comfort you. Just because of one person your life is not over, it is taking a turn, sometimes for the better, never for the worst, it will only be the worst if you want it to be the worst. If you want to learn from it, move on and become stronger and you will be able to help other people on the same path as you and help bring them back up to where they should be, no one should ever feel as if the universe hates them.

Everyone has to remember that if one person breaks your heart or betrays your trust that there are still people there for you. The friends that people sometimes forget, the families that people neglect, and the people you can always count on, your best friends, who will go out of their way to make you have a great day and smile, these people may be forgotten sometimes when we are down and depressed or mad. But they are always there for us, we just need to remember that the person we are dating is not the only person in our lives. We must not dwell on things that can destroy who we are, and move on, even if it breaks our hearts to do so.

Just remember that God is always there for you, me and every person on this planet and all he wants us to do is ask, just a simple plea from his children is all he wants from us to show him we know he is there for us. It is such a simple thing that we forget that we can just kneel down and ask him for help, he is the greatest comforter. Remember that not only do I love you, your family loves you, all your friends love you, and most important of all God loves you."

0 comments: